10 Inspirational Quotes by Strong Women
Below are 10 quotes from strong women that have helped shaped and inspired future generations of women. When we hear and see women from history paving the way and when we see their accomplishments we know that we too can reach those heights.
It is up to women to support and lift one another up.
May these quotes inspire you to make changes in this world.
1. Rosa Parks – Civil Rights Activist
“Whatever my individual desires were to be free, I was not alone. There were many others who felt the same way.” – Rosa Parks – Civil Rights Activist
2. Nikki Giovanni – American Poet
“I really don’t think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don’t mind the failure, but I can’t imagine that I’d forgive myself if I didn’t try.” – Nikki Giovanni, American Poet
3. Tracee Ellis Ross – Actress
“It was when I realized I needed to stop trying to be somebody else and be myself, I actually started to own, accept and love what I had.” – Tracee Ellis Ross – Actress
4. Gwendolyn Brooks – First African American to receive a Pulitzer Prize
“Do not desire to fit in. Desire to oblige yourselves to lead.” – Gwendolyn Brooks – First African American to receive a Pulitzer Prize
5. Tyra Banks – Model, businesswoman, producer, actress, and writer
“Never dull your shine for somebody else.” – Tyra Banks – Model, businesswoman, producer, actress, and writer
6. Eleanor Roosevelt – First Lady & Humanitarian
“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do. ” – Eleanor Roosevelt – First Lady & Humanitarian
7. Rosalynn Carter – American First lady
“Do what you can to show you care about other people, and you will make our world a better place.” – Rosalynn Carter – American First lady
8. Gloria Gaither – Writer, Singer/Songwriter
“We may run, walk, stumble, drive, or fly, but let us never lose sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way.” – Gloria Gaither – Writer, Singer/Songwriter
9. Sandra Day O’Connor – Retired attorney, politician, and the first woman associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States
“I don’t know that there are any short cuts to doing a good job.” – Sandra Day O’Connor – Retired attorney, politician, and the first woman associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States
10. Barbara Johnson – Writer, Speaker
“It doesn’t take monumental feats to make the world a better place. It can be as simple as letting someone go ahead of you in a grocery line.” – Barbara Johnson – Writer, Speaker